Saturday, December 6, 2014

Burgers with Creamed Spinach and Sriracha Mayo

  I know I haven't posted here in a while, it's not like we haven't been cooking, but because I have been lazy I guess. We have made some really good dinners, and I have taken pictures of everything, it just never made it here.

  Tonight I wanted to keep dinner easy and fast, and I had laid out some hamburger yesterday, but we ended up going out to dinner. I decided to make burgers, but we can't have "normal" homemade burgers. I decided to make creamed spinach to top off the burger. The following is how I put it all together.

  For the spinach, I took 1 large bag of spinach, and roughly chopped it. I also chopped 1/2 of a large yellow onion, and 4 cloves of garlic. I took a deep skillet, and melted 1/4 tbls of butter, added the onion, and garlic. I cooked that until they were tender. Next, I added the spinach, cook that until it is bright green, then I added 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Next add 1/2 cup heavy cream, cook until thick. I then added blue cheese, and Parmesan cheese.

  For the hamburger patty, I took the hamburger, placed it in a bowl, added salt, and pepper, mix it up, then shape into patties, place on a cookie sheet (with sides), place in a 450 degree oven for 15 minutes, depending on how done you like the meat.

  For the sriracha mayo, I took mayo, and added a few tsp of sriracha, and mixed it up. For the bun, I placed then in the toaster to brown.

  Jake added some cheddar cheese to the top of his burger. If you make your patties to big, then you may need a knife and fork to eat it, like I did. I served it with chips, that was it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment