Friday, July 11, 2014

Alaskan Pollock with Veggies, Couscous, and Salad

  Tonight was Jake's night to cook and he chose fish, so he could add the new greens we bought, they have a lemon taste to them. For the life of me I can't remember the name of them.

  First he started by chopping all the veg and spices. He used 1 small zucchini, 6 mini carrots, mini sweet peppers, chives, onion, and the greens.

 He then started the water for the couscous, adding some peppers and onion. When the water boils you remove it from heat, add the couscous, and then cover it for 7 minutes. I have found a real love for the stuff. You get a whole cup of it and it's not too bad on the calorie thing.

 For the fish he placed the fish in a foil lined pan, put all the veggies and greens on top of it. He also added salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. He covered it with more foil, then placed it in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.

 I threw the salad together.


This whole plate of food is 360 calories. The problem I had was there was no way I could eat all of this. I will try my hardest before the night is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment