Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Seared Chicken, Couscous, and Spinach Salad

 Tonight I wanted something fast and easy, of course I always want that. I was going to make chicken breast strips, by I guess I forgot to buy them, I improvised.

 For the chicken, I took 1 skinless boneless chicken breast, and cut it into strips, this way it cooks faster. I marinated it in Lawyers original sauce. I then heated a skillet with 2 tbls. olive oil and seared it for about 5 minutes. For Jake's chicken I took a package of Kraft chipotle cheese and bread crumbs, coated the chicken and seared it.

 Meanwhile, I cut up 2 green onions, 1 each mini red, yellow, and orange sweet pepper, and 3 cloves of garlic, I placed that into a 6 quart pot, with 1 1/2 cups water, 1 tbs butter/margarine, and the flavor packet that came in the box of couscous. I let it come to a boil, then removed it from the heat, stirred in the couscous, and covered it. That's it!

 I placed some fresh spinach on my plate, sliced 1/2 a mushroom, grated 1 mini carrot, and sliced 1 red pepper. I dressed it with 1 tbls. Kraft Greek Vinaigrette.

 The whole thing took about 15 minutes.



I forgot to add, that this plate only has 360 calories. That's 1 cup of the couscous, a small salad, and about 4 oz chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment