Friday, July 5, 2013

Grilled Chicken

Since Henry had to go back on the road and I didn't want to be here being sad about that I thought dinner with Elena and the brats. I looked in the freezer to see what I had. I found a big package of leg quarters I had picked up because it was cheap ($5.20 for a pkg of 6). I asked Elena if she wanted to bbq. She said yes.

I took the chicken out then marinated it in some garlic and herb marinade. I also decided I wanted to make either a potato or pasta salad. I chose the pasta because I wouldn't have to peel all those potatoes. I ran to the store to pick up stuff for the salad, pasta was only $.75. I can home and made it. I boiled the full pound of pasta, and 3 eggs(with the eggs I bring them to a full boil, remove from heat, and cover for 13 minutes, it makes perfectly boiled eggs). Meanwhile I cut up, 1 onion, 1 green bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper, 1 small jar of pickles, 1 can of olives. When the pasta was done I mixed the chopped eggs, olives, and pickles along with some mayo (reduced fat made with olive oil), dijon mustard, salt and pepper. I pulled some of that out of the bowl to be nice to my sister's hubby who doesn't like onion or peppers. Then I added in the onion and peppers. I had Jake taste it and he said I did a good job.

At my sister's house Jake started the grill (her hubby won't because he set himself on fire before). Then Jake put the chicken on the grill when it was ready. It was a pretty good dinner. My sister made some corn on the cob (I don't like corn) and baked potatoes. I didn't get a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment