Sunday, September 8, 2013

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches/Waffels

Troy asked if I could try making this recipe he found so of course I said yes. I changed up the recipe a bit. It called for frozen waffles, which I don't buy. So I made my normal waffle recipe. It also called for cottage cheese which I didn't use.

2 large eggs beat well, add 2 cups of flour, 1 3/4 cups milk(I used lactaid), 1/2 cup oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix just until everything is mixed(lumps are ok). I then use my George Foreman g-5 grill (waffle iron) to make the waffles. I then mixed 8oz of cream cheese with a couple of tablespoons of raspberry jam. Then, I cut the waffles into squares, spread the cream cheese mixture onto 1 slice of the waffle the placed another piece on top of it. Then I put them in a skillet that had melted butter in it, and browned them on each side, last I topped them with powdered sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment