Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fried Chicken

Jake and Dakota thought they would cook tonight since they haven't done it in awhile. We have all been really busy. Someone has been cooking but I have been forgetting to post it.

My sister had some chicken out so they decided to do fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn.

Jake asked me to do the coating for the chicken. I mixed 2 part flour, 1 part bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cornstarch, salt, pepper, and paprika. ( I would normally put cayenne in it but my sister's family doesn't like spicy). They then dipped it in some beaten eggs and milk, then in the flour mixture, then repeated. They then fried it to a golden brown in canola oil, then placed it on a cookie sheet with a wire rack and baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

I helped by prepping the potatoes. I cubed them and soaked them in water. They boiled them, drained, mashed with butter, milk, and grated garlic.

The corn was the easy thing. They opened 2 cans of corn, drained them and added butter. They microwaved them.

Oh, I almost forgot the gravy. They took the skillet they fried the chicken in, removed all the oil, melted 3 tbs of butter, then added 3 tbs of flour, they let that cook out, then added about 3 cups of lactose free milk. They cooked it until it thickened. They did an excellent job!

No comments:

Post a Comment