Wednesday, August 28, 2013

London Broil and Stir Fry

I had no clue what to fix for dinner. I did however know there wasn't anything really in the house I wanted. It was off to the grocery store looking for a good deal. I headed to the meat department( I think it should be in the front of the store instead of the back since that's where I start when I don't know what to fix) for the reduced for quick sale. I found a great looking london broil for only $4.00. I then headed to the produce to have a look around. I decided on an onion, celery, a zucchini, and a green bell pepper. I had also found a package of thinly sliced pork for $2.35( not in the reduced area), so that's dinner for tomorrow.

I let the steak come up to room temp, I patted it dry, put salt and pepper on it, then drizzled it with canola oil (I normally use olive oil but I am out right now). I heated the cast iron skillet on medium high heat and turned the oven on to 425 degrees. I seared the steak on all sides for about 5 minutes each side, or when the meat released from the pan. I then put the skillet in the oven and let it cook for about 10 minutes for medium.

Meanwhile I heated a non stick skillet with some canola spray. I put all the veggies in there then stir fried them until tender but not mushy.

That's all I fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment