Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chicken Sandwiches and Chocolate Cake

I wanted something fast and easy tonight. I always do. We went to the store to see what might be good for dinner. Jake has band camp all week and is worn out after therefore doesn't want to cook. We started again at the meat case looking for something cheap. I found 2 chicken breast for $4.35....perfect. I decided to make chicken sandwiches.

I took the chicken and pounded it out. I then breaded it by combining flour, breadcrumbs, with salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper. I dipped the chicken in that then into a bowl with eggs and a little bit of milk, then back into the flour mixture. I then fried it until it was golden brown. It gets done so much faster when it's pounded out.

 Meanwhile I toasted some sandwich rolls. After toasting I took a clove of garlic and rubbed the bread with it so the bread had some flavor. We placed 1/2 of the chicken breast on the roll with some colby cheese and bbq sauce.

On the way home from the farm I mentioned I really was craving chocolate but I really needed to go home and ride my stationary bike. Well, Jake suggested I still make something yummy then ride my bike. He won. We went back to the store and found a box cake mix on sale( not like us to use a box mix) it was $1.62 and the frosting was about the same amount. I made the cake and put it in the oven, then got on to my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment