Monday, August 5, 2013

Steak Sandwiches

Jake said he wanted Subway for dinner but I didn't want that for dinner nor did I want to drive to that side of town again. So I suggested going into the store where I saw some steaks in the discounted meat section earlier. I grabbed an onion, some sandwich rolls, and the sirloin steaks. There were 2 perfect roll size steaks in the package for only $4.77. So in totally for our steak sandwiches it cost me $7.50 where that would have been the price just for 1 foot long at Subway. 

I took the steaks dried them off, used a sweet and smokey rub on them, then threw them on my George Foreman  G-5 grill. Meanwhile I sliced and sauteed the onion in some margarine. I toasted the rolls in a skillet. We put the some bbq sauce on the rolls, then when I pulled the steaks off the grill I put some pepper jack cheese on them so it melted until it was melty. We placed that on the rolls and I topped mine with the onions. It was a sandwich you had to use a knife fork with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment