Friday, August 16, 2013

Pasta, Steak, and Bread

On the spur of the moment I laid out some thin steak but didn't have a clue what I was fixing to go with it until about an hour before dinner time. I have a lot of pasta and potatoes but didn't feel like potatoes tonight. Pasta it was.

I took 2 cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes in tomato juice put them in a skillet with 4 cloves of diced garlic, and some diced squash I had frozen about a month ago. I let that simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile I started the pot of water for the pasta and got the cast iron skillet ready for the steak. I dried the steak then sprinkled on some salt, pepper, and the sweet steak rub. On a side note be careful picking up those cast iron skillets I think I pulled something in my side doing this the other night. When I dropped the pasta I drizzled some EVOO on the steak and placed it in the hot skillet, just long enough to get a good sear on it, it only took a few minutes per side since it was thin. When the pasta was done I added it to the sauce along with about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. I served the pasta with grated Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment