Thursday, January 9, 2014

Chicken and Waffles

I so wanted comfort food tonight and Jake has been bugging me to make this again.

 I use my simple waffle recipe 2 large eggs beaten well, add 2 cups of flour, 1 3/4 cup milk ( we use lactaid), 1/2 cup oil, 1 tbs sugar, 4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix all of that together well, then cook in a waffle iron.

For my chicken tonight, I used boneless skinless chicken thighs.  I took  1 pint of butter milk, added 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne, salt, pepper, 2 tbs hot sauce, and paprika place the chicken in the milk mixture and  let this set for at least 30 minutes. I took crushed up cornflakes, added that to flour and the same spices I used in the milk mixture, except the hot sauce, in a separate bowl I beat 4 large eggs. Take a piece of chicken dip it in the flour mixture, then into the eggs, then back into the flour mixture, last place onto a plate, continue until all chicken is coated. Heat a skillet of oil (we use canola but peanut is the best to fry with). Let each side brown until golden, the chicken won't be all the way done, place it on a wire rack inside a cookie sheet sprayed with a non stick spray, cook in a 400 degree oven until the chicken is done. 5 minutes before the chicken is done drizzle with honey.

Drizzle syrup on the chicken and waffle and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment