Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Chicken Sandwiches with BBQ Onions

 Tonight was suppose to be Jake's night to cook, but I did it anyway. He claims when he said, "How about anything night?" It was getting him out of cooking.

 I made chicken sandwiches. I took boneless skinless chicken thighs, dipped them in egg and milk, then into flour, which was seasoned with salt pepper, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes. Then I fried them, until done.

 For the BBQ onions, I started with small piece of chorizo, I cooked it through then added a little bit of olive oil, next I sliced 1 small red onion, added it to the chorizo and oil, I then added 1 bay leaf, covered it. I let it cook until the onions started to caramelized. After they were caramelized, I removed the bay leaf, added 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce,  2 tbs. honey, and 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes. I covered it, and let it reduce into a thick syrup.

 To serve, I placed pepper jack and cheddar cheese on top of the chicken patty, I toasted the buns, placed a few tbs. of the onions on the top bun, placed the chicken patty on the bottom bun, and topped it with a spring lettuce mix. I served some tater tots on the side.
Here is a picture of the BBQ onions, I know it looks gross, but they were good!


1 comment:

  1. I can't cook, at all, but if I did I would totally try this! looks delicious :) How long did it take to cook it?

    ReplyDelete