Saturday, January 17, 2015

Enchilada Casserole

 Tonight was my turn. I of course, wanted something easy and quick. I wanted enchiladas but didn't want to take time putting them all together. I thought I would try a casserole.

 I chopped 1 small yellow onion, 6 mini orange peppers, and 6 mini carrots. First I sauteed the onion, peppers, and carrots, until they were tender. I then added 2 cans of green enchilada sauce and 6 boneless skinless chicken breast tenders. I let it cook until the chicken was tender and falling apart. Next, shred the chicken. Place 1/4 of the sauce on the bottom of a deep baking dish, then 2 flour tortillas (taco size), then a layer of the shredded chicken, a layer of shredded spinach (fresh with stems cut off), a layer of onions, and yellow peppers, a layer of cheese, and lastly some of the leftover sauce. Keep repeating the layers until everything is used up.

 Place it in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Then let sit for 5 minutes, cut into squares. I served it with sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment