Saturday, June 21, 2014

Chicken, Cous Cous, and Carrots

 Last night was my turn but I decided to cook Subway because the kitchen wasn't functional due to me painting. Tonight Jake cooked.

 For the chicken he took a rather large boneless skinless chicken breast, and marinated in a garlic balsamic marinade we bought at Grocery Outlet. He let it sit for a few hours. To cook it he heated olive oil in a cast iron skillet, then seared the chicken on both sides. He added some baby carrots to the pan, then poured the marinade over the chicken and carrots, along with some balsamic vinegar, and a little more olive oil. He then placed it in a 450 degree oven for 30 minutes.

 Meanwhile, he took a box of cous cous, added some chopped green onions, and red, yellow, sweet peppers. It didn't take long for that to cook. Dinner was good as usual. It was way too much food for me. I ate 1/4 of the chicken, 1/2 cous cous, all of my carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment