Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Baked Chicken Tenders, Smashed Potatoes/Cauliflower, and Salad

I usually do not cook on Tuesdays or Thursdays, due to Jake being at school, and me home alone, but Henry was here, so I had to cook.

These are 2 more recipes in my new cookbook.

For the chicken, first, heat the oven at 450 degrees, next take a deep cookie sheet, line it with foil, then place a wire rack in the pan. Next,I took 6 chicken tenders, salted and peppered them, then set aside. Then, I placed flour in one deep dish, then, 3 egg whites in the next one making sure to beat them until they are very fluffy, but not stiff peaks, and lastly, in the 3rd dish I put a combo of Panko bread crumbs, and Mediterranean seasoning, mixed until well combine. Take the chicken dust it with the flour, shaking off the excess flour, next dip it in the egg whites, then into the bread crumbs. Spray the the wire rack with canola oil, place the chicken on top of the wire rack, before placing them in the oven, spray the chicken with the spray oil. Cook until the chicken is brown and crispy. 2 tenders equal 198 calories, I only ate 1.

Next for the potatoes and cauliflower, I cubed 4 potatoes, then placed  them in a deep pot, with 3 cups of cauliflower, and 3 whole cloves of garlic. I boiled them until the potatoes were soft. Drain them, add 2 tbls. spoon margarine/butter, 1/2 cup of Greek plain yogurt, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, smashed the potatoes, and mix all ingredients well. You can't tell there is cauliflower in them at all. It's a good way to sneak a veg in your dinner. Henry didn't notice, lets see if Jake notices when he gets home from school. That will be the real test. Only 101 calories per cup.

For the salad, I took a bag of dark greens, carrots, sweet peppers, pea pods, celery, radishes, and cucumbers and tossed. I served it with Italian dressing on the side. I was the only one who ate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment