Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Sicilian Chicken with a Butter Garlic Pasta

 Since Jake had school today, I made dinner. There wasn't anything good, I didn't have to cook in the house except cup of soup, so I cooked. I used a recipe from a new book, Robin to the Rescue. It was sent to me from a dear friend, LeAnn, for Mother's Day.

 This was pretty easy. It called for 4 skinless boneless chicken breast, but I used chicken thighs, skin on, and bone in, that's what was in the freezer. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, then dust it with flour. Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a large deep skillet. Brown the chicken on both sides until it is golden brown. Then add 1/2 cup white wine, cook for a minute, then add 1 14 oz canned, diced, tomatoes (mine had garlic and rosemary in them, also add 1/2 cup of sliced, pimento, stuffed, green, olives, 1 tbs balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp dried oregano, and it called for 1/4 cup golden raisins (I didn't have them, so left them out). Stir well, reduce heat to a simmer, 1/2 cover and cook until chicken is cooked through. Add chopped fresh basil, and I topped with chopped fresh green onions.

 Meanwhile, boil a pot of water for the pasta (don't forget to salt the water well). When the chicken is almost done, cook your pasta, whatever you have on hand. Then, drain the pasta, add 1/2 stick of butter/margarine, 3 cloves of garlic minced, 1 tsp dried thyme, oregano, and basil.

I placed some pasta on the plate, then the chicken, and some of the pan sauce, and topped it with chopped green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment