Monday, May 25, 2015

Mahi Mahi with Brown Rice

Tonight was my night, it was between chicken and fish. We have had a lot of chicken lately, so I went with the fish.

Earlier in the day I took the mahi mahi, and marinated it. In a food processor I combined 1 roughly chopped red onion, 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 2 green onions/scallions chopped, 1 tsp all spice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbs white pepper, 1/4 tsp, ground nutmeg, 2 tbs, olive oil, and 3 tsp, sea salt. It also called for 1 jalapeno chopped, but I for got it. Pulse until everything is combined, as a paste. Spread over the fish, then refrigerate for 1 hour or more.

For the rice I took 4 small, sweet, mini peppers and chopped them, along with 1 large mushroom, and 2 green onions. I sauteed them in a pot, along with 1 tbs olive oil. Next, I added 1 cup of brown rice, and toasted it. Then, I added 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp Greek seasoning,  a pinch of saffron, and 2 cups of chicken broth. Cook until the liquid is gone and the rice is tender.

The fish only takes a few minutes on each side, so when the rice was almost done, I heated up my cast iron grill pan. I sprayed it with canola oil, the grilled the fish for about 3 minutes on each side. That is it.

I forgot to make veggies tonight, but there were some in the rice so, I figure I am good.


No comments:

Post a Comment