Monday, May 4, 2015

Baked Salmon, Brown Rice, and Veggies

Tonight was Jake's turn to cook, I cooked last night, but didn't post. I got the grill going. I made steak, potatoes with onions, zucchini, and compound butter.

 For the salmon, he used, thyme, oregano, basil, and Mediterranean seasoning, along with lemon slices. He also poured white wine, and chicken broth over it. He then added a bag of fresh cut broccoli, carrots, and onions, along with mini sweet peppers. He covered it with foil, placed it in a 425 degree oven, and cooked for 20 minutes.

For the brown rice, he placed the rice, chicken broth, onion, sweet peppers, and garlic in a pot, brought it to a boil. He then covered it and let it simmer until the liquid was gone.

 As you can see. he doesn't always cook everything very good. I asked if he could cook some of my asparagus, he forgot about it, and it burnt.

FYI: I bought all the veggies at the 99 cent store in Chico. They have produce for a buck, great deal!



No comments:

Post a Comment