Friday, May 22, 2015

Shepherd's Pie Knife and Fork Burger

Tonight was my night, but I was actually thinking of this burger when I went to sleep last night. So, I had to make it tonight for dinner. This is a Rachael Ray recipe.

Start out by chopping your veggies 1 carrot, 1 stalk of celery, 4 baby bell mushrooms, 1/2 of a small onion, 3 cloves of garlic, and 6 large potatoes cubed.

Heat a skillet with 2 tbls olive oil, then cook all veggies, except the potatoes, until they are tender. Set them aside to cool.

Meanwhile, boil the potatoes.

Combine, 1 1/2 ponds hamburger with the cooled veggies, 3 tbls worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Then, heat a grill pan (I placed them in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes), cook the burger patties for 10 minutes, turning them once, for medium.

Drain the potatoes, mash them with 2 tbls. butter, 1/4 cup milk (we used lactose free), 2 tbls sour cream, salt, pepper, 2 tbls. horseradish, 1 egg yolk(I didn't add this, this time), and chives (I forgot them at the store and didn't want to go back.

Next, melt 2 tbls. butter in a deep skillet, add 2 tbls flour, cook for a minute, next whisk in one can of beef stock, 1 tbls. dijon mustard, 1 tbls. worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.

Lastly, toast some type of bread, I did hamburger buns, because they were on sale for 58 cents, then place a burger patty on top, then, place a mound of mashed potatoes on top of the patty, then place it under the broiler until the potatoes brown (I didn't do this tonight), then top with the mustard sauce.










No comments:

Post a Comment