Monday, February 24, 2014

Chicken Strips, Pasta, and Asparagus

 Tonight was my turn for dinner, I felt like crap, so it had to be something fast and easy.

 I took some boneless skinless chicken breast strips, sprinkled them with Chinese 5 spice and salt. Next, I took some very fine bread crumbs, mixed in some smoked paprika, then dipped the chicken in them, and cooked them in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil.

 I then, took a box of noodle roni, followed the directions, except I added 2 cloves of chopped garlic, some basil, and oregano.

 For the asparagus I drizzled them with olive oil, sprinkled on some Greek seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes, put them in the oven at 425 degrees for 5 minutes.

 In all this took maybe 5 minutes.


Someone mentioned that everything we cooked looked really fancy. Well, you can take anything and make it look fancy. It just makes it better to eat if it looks pretty. Everything on this plate, except the Parmesan cheese, came from The Grocery Outlet. It's a discount store. The chicken breast strips came in a large bag, probably 6 meals for Jake and I at $6.99. The asparagus was 2 bunches for $3.00, and the pasta roni was 2 boxes for $1.00. Yes, sometimes we splurge and cook something really good and cost a bit more but doesn't everyone do that? We really enjoy food and I really enjoy a good savings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment