Friday, February 21, 2014

Salmon with Rice, and Squash

 I got a new cookbook yesterday, Michael Symon's 5 in 5. It gives you recipes that take 5 ingredients that should take 5 minutes to prepare. I found this salmon recipe and thought I would try it because of my whole diet thing. But of course, I added a few things to it.

  For the salmon, It said to get 4- 6 oz pieces of salmon. I just went and bought 1 large piece because it was a lot cheaper nor did I wish to cut it. It was easier to just cook it like it was. Lay out sheets of foil to make a pouch with, salt and pepper both sides of the fish, then place 1 sprig of fresh rosemary on top of it (I couldn't find any fresh here in town so I used dried), next a large pinch of crushed red peppers or one fresno chili sliced and placed on top, 2 large minced cloves of garlic, and a drizzle of olive oil. Next I added some thinly sliced zucchini. I thought it need some color so I sliced 1 small red and yellow bell pepper to go on top too, then poured 2 cups of wine on top,(after almost closing the packets), if doing individual servings it's 1/2 cup wine per packet. He cooks it on a grill for 5 minutes, I cooked it in a 450 degree oven for 15 minutes.

 Meanwhile, I had some microwaveable rice a roni, so in 6 minutes I had cooked rice. It was a very easy fast dinner, just the kind I like. Tomorrow is suppose to be Jake's night to cook.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment