Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Soup

 I am home alone til later and needed to eat. It's rainy and cool, so I decided to make some soup. I could of took the easy way out and had a can of soup, or a cup of soup, but it didn't sound appealing.

 I heated a 1 tbls of olive oil over medium high heat, then I added 2 diced carrots, 2 diced celery stalks, 1 diced onion, 2 small diced zucchini, 1/4 of a head of shredded cabbage, 1 tsp dry rosemary, 1 tsp fresh thyme, 4 cloves of chopped garlic, 1 bay leaf, salt, and pepper. I let that cook until veggies were tender about 6 minutes. Then I added 2 cans of chicken stock (I would have added veggie stock but the chicken was cheaper), 2 cans of rotel diced tomatoes (if you don't like heat add reg can tomatoes), Let that come to a boil, then add 1/2 can of black beans, and 1/2 can of smashed black beans, 2 cups chopped fresh spinach, and finally I chopped up the leftover pork from last night( you can leave the meat out and have a nice veggie soup. Serve with parm cheese, and crackers.

 I have to say it was pretty good and I usually don't say that about anything I cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment