Monday, February 10, 2014

Cornish Game Hens, Baked Potatoes, and Asparagus

 Yesterday while at Grocery Outlet I found the game hens for $2.49 each. I decided that would be dinner tonight. I had bought the asparagus there a week ago for $1.99.

 I took the hens placed them in a baking pan covered with foil, seasoned with dried oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary. I drizzled it with olive oil, covered it, and placed it in a 375 degree oven for about 1 hour. I took it out smothered it in butter that had 3 cloves of grated garlic mixed in it, then placed it back in the oven for 10 minutes until browned.

 Meanwhile I trimmed the asparagus, placed them on a cookie sheet, sprinkled them with thyme, salt, and drizzled with olive oil. I placed them in the oven for the last 10 minutes of the hens cooking.

 I placed the potatoes in the microwave for 5 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment