Friday, April 11, 2014

Chicken Sandwich and Roasted Potatoes

 Since Jake picked Jack in the Box for dinner last night( we didn't get home til late) it was my night to cook. I wanted something quick and didn't take much thought.

First, I cut 2 potatoes into cubes, drizzled olive iol on them, then seasoned them with salt and Mediterranean seasoning. I placed them in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes. I then took 1/2 onion, I had sliced, 2 small red bell pepper( 1/2 of a normal size one), and sliced mushrooms, and cooked until tender in some olive oil. Next, I took out 4 of the boneless skinless chicken breast strips, seasoned them with the same seasonings, then coated them with a mixture of flour, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and yes again the Mediterranean seasoning. I cooked them in some canola oil until golden brown and done inside. On my sandwich I put bbq sauce on a bolio roll (I got them today and was very lucky because they had just brought them from the oven), fresh spinach, the onion, red bell pepper, and mushrooms, then topped it with provolone cheese. That's it. They were very yummy. Oh, instead of the bbq sauce, Jake used a honey mustard with bacon dressing, had the spinach, but had rice cheese instead of the provolone.

No comments:

Post a Comment