Friday, April 4, 2014

Corndogs

 For some reason I had a craving for corn dogs. I thought about just buying some frozen ones but I thought I would give this a try myself. It's actually very easy.

 In a medium bowl mix 1 cup yellow cornmeal, 1 cup flour, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper, 1/4 cup sugar, and 4 tsp baking powder. You mix that up then add 1 egg and 1 cup of flour. Mix that all together until well combined.  It said to put wooden skewers into the hot dogs , but I skipped that part, I have them but my deep fryer isn't big enough for that. Dip your favorite hot dogs into the batter, then place them into a hot deep fryer. Let them cook for 2 to 3 minutes and drain on a paper towel. That's it!!

 I had a salad with 1 of them. I also deep fried the left over batter...yummmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment