Sunday, April 13, 2014

Stuffed Chicken Breast, Roasted Potatoes, and Asparagus

 Even though it was Jake's night to cook, I thought I would give him a break and cook tonight myself. It has been a while since we had dinner with my sister, I thought tonight would be good. I had bought a big package of boneless skinless chicken breast and forgot to separate them.

 First I cut the chicken in half,, next I laid them on some waxed paper, covered them with the waxed paper, then I flattened them by hitting them with my rolling pin. I then laid out 2 slices of bacon, then one of the flattened chicken breast, next I placed a large tablespoon of a mixture that consisted of 1 package cream cheese, 1 10 oz package of fresh spinach, that I wilted down with 3 chopped gloves of garlic, and 1/2 red onion chopped, Then I rolled them up and placed them in a baking pan. Next I seared them and placed them in a baking pan and cooked them for about 15 minutes.

 For the potatoes I cubed them, drizzled with olive oil, thyme, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika, then placed them on a cookie sheet and cooked at 425 for 20 minutes.

 For the asparagus, I cooked them in a cast iron skillet with olive oil, thyme, oregano, and garlic. I cooked them just until tender.



No comments:

Post a Comment