Sunday, October 12, 2014

Breakfast

 I couldn't sleep in late, and was kind of jealous that Jake was. So I thought I would make breakfast.  I thought the smell of bacon cooking would get him up.

 I took the bacon put it on a cookie sheet and placed it in a 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or desired crispiness. When it's done I place them on a plate covered in paper towels , this helps pull out unwanted grease.



 For the pancakes (this recipe is for a small amount of pancakes or tiny ones, so you may need to double or triple it), I start by beating 1 large egg until it doubles in size or gets foamy. Next I add 1 cup of flour (I used whole wheat flour this morning, but don't think I will again), 3 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 tbs. canola oil, 1/2 cup lactose free milk, and  1/4 cup of Girl Scout coconut caramel creamer (or any that you have on hand, or you can just add all milk, or buttermilk). Mix just until all ingredients are combined, lumps are ok. I don't have a griddle, so I just drop some butter in a skillet and cook them that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment