Saturday, October 25, 2014

French Bread Pizza

  I thought I would make pizza tonight, but didn't want to make the dough, so I bought a loaf of french bread. The sauce did take hours to simmer.

  For the sauce, I took 1, 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes, 2 small cans of tomato sauce, 1 can tomato paste, 1/2 small red onion, 4 cloves of garlic chopped, dried thyme, dried oregano, dried basil, and greek seasoning. I placed it all in the pot and let it simmer for 4 hours. The last hour I added salt and pepper. All seasoning are to taste.

  To assembly the pizzas, I sliced the french bread in 1/2 and placed them on a cookie sheet, turn the oven to 450 to heat up. Then, we spooned on the sauce, cheese, salami, fresh spinach, diced red onion, and finally more cheese.

  Cook until the cheese is all melted and bubbly. I sliced the bread into slices, and that is it!

               Oh, I did top it with more fresh spinach, red onions, and red pepper flakes,
                                                              after it came out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment