Monday, October 27, 2014

Swaii, Couscous, Veggies, and Corn Muffins

  Tonight was my night for dinner. I decided to cook some fish, couscous, and make sweet corn muffins.

  For the corn muffins, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup yellow corn meal, 1 Tbs baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl. In another bowl combine 2 slightly beaten eggs, 1 1/4 cups milk (I used lactose free), 1/3 cup oil (I used olive oil), and 3 Tbs. melted butter. Mix the wet ingredients together, then add into the dry ingredients. Mix well, pour into muffin tins, either lined with papers or greased tins. Place in 350 degree oven.  Let cook 15 to 18 minutes until, knife inserted comes out clean.

  For the couscous, 1 chopped 3 green onions and 3 cloves of garlic. Add that to 1 3/4 cups of chicken stock, 1 Tbs. of thai seasoning (we got a bottle of thai seasoning at the World Market) and seasoning from the couscous package. Let that come to a boil, add the couscous, remove from heat, cover, and let set for 7 minutes.

  For the fish, I took 2 swaii filet, and breaded them in a mixture of yellow corn meal, flour, pepper, and cayenne pepper. I heated a deep skillet over medium high heat, with 3 Tbs. olive oil. I placed the fish in the hot oil, and cooked it until the fish was crisp on both sides, and the fish was cooked through.

  The veggies were just frozen broccoli and cauliflower. I steamed them.



No comments:

Post a Comment