Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Burgers and Cake

Today is Jake's 17th birthday!
For his birthday he wanted burgers. I took some lean ground beef added 4 cloves chopped garlic, 1 handful of chopped flat leaf parsley, 1/2 chopped onion, 1/2 grated carrot, 1 small grated zucchini, salt and pepper. Then made patties and stuffed it with a cubed piece of colby cheese. I tell you that's the best way to get veggies into that boy! My sister can't eat beef so I took some boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed them and put them in the blender with everything I put in the burgers plus olive oil, and bread crumbs.
Along with that I made some oven roasted potato wedges, seasoned with paprika, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano. I put both the burger patties and the potato wedges in the a 425 degree oven for 45 minutes.

Jake doesn't look so excited but Zach was!

No comments:

Post a Comment