Thursday, May 16, 2013

Spicy Chicken Sandwich

I had 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs in the refrigerator and needed to cook them. I wanted something fast and easy. I decided on chicken sandwiches. I took 2 eggs, milk, and sriracha mixed it together well (if you don't like the spicy leave out the sriracha, and if you want it really spicy let the egg mixture set for an hour or two) set aside. In another bowl I mixed flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper. I dipped the chicken in the egg mixture then in the flour mixture, then back in the egg, then fried it until both sides are golden brown. I then placed them on a cooling rack in a cookie sheet and put them in a 350 degree oven until done. Hint if you put the cooling rack on the cookie sheet it allows air to get all around the crispy chicken and keeps it crispy.

I mixed some grated garlic, dried thyme, and dried chives into a cup of mayo. Spread that on some sandwich rolls, place the chicken, and other favorite toppings (cheese, spinach, red onion, and pickles). The most important thing is to let the chicken cool before you try to eat the sandwich, I didn't and I burnt my mouth...lol
You can always serve potato salad, pasta salad, or like I did chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment