Thursday, May 2, 2013

Chicken Vesuvio

Tonight I thought we would cook a family dinner at my sister's house. She has air conditioning and I don't.
Jake and I gathered up everything a headed over there. Jake helped me with prep, cubing potatoes, chicken, and chopping a lot of garlic (a whole head). The other things I used are, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, white wine, and chicken stock.

Heat a large skillet with 4 tbls EVOO, add potatoes, garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until potatoes are brown and tender. Meanwhile heat a large oven safe pan over medium high heat, dust the chicken in flour, add cubed boneless skinless chicken breast( I did prefer when I made this with the thighs instead of the breast, it was juicer with the thighs), cook the chicken in small batches so they brown properly, after all chicken is browned return all of it to the pan, deglaze the pan with 1/2 cup white wine, then add 1 cup chicken stock, add the potatoes to the chicken, cover and cook for 15 minutes or til chicken is done in an oven that is preheated to 375 degrees.. The recipe calls for frozen peas to be added 5 minutes before it comes out of the oven. I chose to serve green beans on the side...I hate peas!.

It was so nice having a nice family dinner again. Our next big dinner will be Saturday, when Dakota is picking what we are cooking and Jake will be making souffles. Sorry forgot the pic tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment