Monday, May 27, 2013

Stir Fry

Tonight I wanted something fast and easy. I found some thin steak in the freezer, frozen stir fry veggies, and rice.

I started some plain white rice 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, bring to a boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes.
When I thought the rice was about done, I heated 2 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet, took 2 small thin steaks and sliced them into strips, added them to the hot skillet, cooked until brown, then added a few tablespoons of oyster sauce and cooked just about a minute, then removed the steak from the pan added another tablespoon of oil and cooked thawed out veggies, until they are tender.

I kept everything separate because Jake doesn't like the veggies. I gave him most of the rice and meat and I took all the veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment