Sunday, May 5, 2013

Chicken and Beef Tacos

No pic tonight it was crazy. I didn't cook my sister Elena did. She made ground chicken tacos, with homemade spanish rice, and black beans. Her hubby made some fresh guacamole. It was a very yummy dinner. I did cook the ground beef only because I was bugging her to help.

For dessert I made a Heavenly Delight Chocolate Dream Dessert

( This is an ALL time favorite in my home!)
Ingredients
• CRUST:
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup finely chopped pecans
• 1/2 cup cold butter

• OR….A pre-made Graham Cracker Crust (My family prefers)

• FILLING:
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
• 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
• 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
• 3 cups cold milk
• 1 chocolate bar, grated
Directions
• In a bowl, combine the flour and pecans; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
• Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Place the cream cheese, sugar and half the whipped topping in a large bowl; beat until smooth. Spread over crust.
• Whisk pudding mixes and milk for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese mixture; chill until firm. Spread with remaining whipped topping, then sprinkle with grated chocolate. Refrigerate until serving.

I have not yet tried this yet, but everyone else said it was very good. I did use the pre made graham cracker crust.

My other sister(Paula) made some very good margaritas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment