Sunday, March 30, 2014

Baked Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and Brussel Sprouts

 Tonight was my turn and wanted something fast and easy. I had one of those Kraft mixes in the fridge. So I thought it was going to be chicken, mashed potatoes, and some veggie for me.

 First I did prep, I peeled and cut 4 potatoes (this is more than enough for Jake and I), and peeled and sliced 5 large cloves of garlic.

 Next I took 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast (I got hem for a good price at Food Maxx, 3 large chicken breast, boneless skinless, for $7.90. That's 3 meals for Jake and I), and cut it into 4 pieces. I then dipped them in water, then in the spicy chipotle cheddar, cheese and breadcrumb mix, then placed them on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. I then placed them in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes.

 For the potatoes, after they were cut rinsed, I covered them with chicken broth, this gives them more flavor, I also added # of the sliced cloves of garlic. Last I let them boil until tender. After they were done, I drained them, added butter, another grated clove of garlic, salt, pepper, dried thyme, basil, oregano, milk, and Parmesan cheese.

 Finally, I steamed some frozen brussel sprouts for myself. I forgot, 5 minutes before the chicken was done I placed a sliced roll onto the pan, that had some butter on it. When that came out of the oven I took a clove of garlic and rubbed it on it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment