Thursday, May 22, 2014

Chicken Bacon Sandwich

  I made something easy tonight, because we have to go watch my nephew in the school's talent show. I decided on chicken sandwiches.

 I first started by putting the bacon on a cookie sheet with sides, lined with parchment paper, placed in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. When it was done I placed the cooked bacon on a plate lined with paper towels.

 Next, I started the veggies. I sliced 1/2 of a yellow onion, 1/2 of a red bell pepper, and 2 large mushrooms. I heated a skillet with olive oil and a little butter, then placed the onions and red peppers in the skillet and added a little salt. I cooked then until they started getting tender, then added the mushrooms. I cooked them until they were caramelized.

 Meanwhile, I took 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, seasoned them with papkika, ancho chili powder, salt, and pepper. I heated a skillet with olive oil and seared the chicken, probably 8 to 10 minutes each side, until the chicken is done.

 I also toasted the rolls.

 To put this together, I used low fat mayo, then placed the chicken on the bread, topped it with swiss cheese, the cooked veggies, on the top, I put some fresh spinach and of course the bacon.

 I didn't eat this whole thing. The weird thing about me is, I make the sandwich, put it together, then open it, then pick off everything I just put on it. This way maybe I will be full and not eat all the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment