Friday, June 14, 2013

Another Signature Burger

I love putting different things (mostly veggies) into my burgers. It's a good way to get Jake to eat veggies.

Tonight I used 93% fat free ground beef. I added 3 cloves grated garlic, 1 small finely chopped shallot( I just sat here for like 2 minutes trying to remember what that was called...thanks Chiari), salt, pepper, sriracha and a couple of tbls of my squash relish, that way I had the sweet to balance the heat. I made the patties put them on a cookie sheet baked them at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes, about 2 minutes prior to them being done I put sliced pepper jack cheese on top of them so it would get nice and melted.

I put some mayo(made with olive oil) on a sweet onion roll, tomato, onion, some mixed sweet baby lettuces, and some of my relish. I think it turned out pretty good, except it could have used more sriracha.

No comments:

Post a Comment