Saturday, June 8, 2013

Homemade Pizza and Cheesecake

I know I haven't posted in a few days but I am not feeling well at all lately. I don't know if it's the heat or just my chiari.

Last night my sister made tacos. They were good.

After dinner I talked Dakota through making pizza dough and his very first cheesecake. He was suppose to make dinner tonight with Jake but Jake left us to go to a pool party.

The pizza dough was a very easy one, 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tbs olive oil,  1 pkg. fast acting yeast, 1 cup warm water. We mixed that together, turned it out on lightly floured surface, kneaded it for about 5 minutes,  placed it in a plastic bag, and let it set until it had doubled in size. Then it went in the fridge overnight. We  doubled the recipe, the recipe above is for a single crust pizza crust.

For the cheesecake I showed him my easy 3 step one. Pre heat the oven to 325 degrees. 2 8oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix all of that together until creamy. We then let Zach(7) and their cousin Alexia(5) spoon the filling in an already made graham cracker crust. We then baked it for about 40 minutes or til center is set. I loved it when Alexia said I love it here, my mom never lets me help do anything in the kitchen( she's with her daddy this weekend). Cool the cheesecake and refrigerate at least 2 hours, we did overnight.

Tonight, we took the dough out and divided it 7 equal balls. I let each of the kids roll out the dough to the size they wanted it, then put on the sauce and toppings they wanted. Let me tell you the 2 little ones had a blast. I actually think Dakota did too. We placed then on a lightly oiled pan with a dusting of cornmeal. We placed them in a 425 degree oven for about 18 minutes or how crunchy  you want your crust. They enjoyed ever bite of their dinner.

For desert they were excited to eat their cheesecake they had made. We topped it with some caramel sauce(ice cream topping). When I left there tonight they all kept saying thank you to me for letting them make their own food. Alexia asked if she could come over next weekend and help make dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment