Sunday, June 30, 2013

Creamy Chicken Cups, Rice, Black Beans, and Coconut Cream Pie/Cake

I found this recipe on face book and decided to try it. It wasn't in my new easy and fast world, but I think it might be a keeper. It would be much faster if you had leftovers.

I took 10( I was cooking for 6 people) medium sized tortillas cut them into the size of a muffin tin, I got 4 circles out of each tortilla (the size of Jake's ramekins). I sprayed the muffin tins, placed the tortillas in the muffin tins being careful to shape and try to make them even, then brushed a little oil over the tortillas, placed them in a 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Take out and place them on a cooling rack.

Meanwhile I roasted 6 chicken thighs, boneless skinless of course, and made a box of spainsh rice. After the chicken cooled, I shredded it, put it in a bowl, added a 1/2 bag of shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup rice, 2 tbls sour cream, 2 tbls salsa, 1/4 can of black beans, and the juice of one lime. I mixed it all together. Then I placed about 1 tbls. of the mixture in each cup, and topped it with some shredded mexican 4 cheese. I then took it to my sister's placed them on a cookie sheet and baked them for about 5 minutes at 425 or until the cheese was bubbly and heated through.

The recipe called for some chopped cilantro but I didn't add because my sister is allergic. Also for my nephews I only put the chicken and cheese in the tortilla cups. It also called to put a layer of refried beans on the bottom but I decided just to serve that one the side. Serve it with your favorite taco toppings.

I also found this easy recipe for a coconut cream pie on fb last night and just had to try it. It actually makes its own crust.
Coconut Custard Pie
This makes its own crust
2 cups milk 
2 1/2 cups flaked coconut 
4 eggs beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
3/4 cup all-purpose flour or bisquick
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons margarine or butter softened

Combine all ingredients mix well and pour into 9 inch buttered pie pan.
Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in the center comes out clean..
However I do not own a pie pan so I put this into 2, 8 inch cake pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment