Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dog Treats

I haven't been feeling very well at all today, so I wasn't going to cook dinner. Again my sister invited me over for dinner, just some Italian sausages. That was fine with me. But I had promised my nephew I would help him make his dog some treats, he is 7 and autistic and if you know me you know I don't break promises!  So I went over there tonight prepared.

You take 1 egg, 1 cup of peanut butter, and 3/4 cup low fat milk, whisk it together until smooth. Then add 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups flour and 1 tbls baking powder, mix until well blended, you will probably need to mix it with your hands at the end (it will be the consistence of biscuits). Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness, cut into shapes and size you want or need for your dog. Place on a sprayed cookie sheet and put in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes, take them out and turn them over and cook for an additional 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment