Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Baked Salmon, Wild Rice, and Squash

First of all, I found this really good deal on the salmon. It was frozen and at Grocery Outlet. It was an 11oz filet for $2.99. I grabbed 3 of them. Jake has really been wanting it so I thought I would be nice and fix it tonight. Robyn Slye gave me a lot of yummy squash so I thought it would go wonderfully with the salmon.

For the salmon, the recipe was for 2 6oz pieces, So I tripled it for what I needed, but here is the original recipe. In a medium bowl mix together 2 cloves of minced garlic, 6 tbs olive oil, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tbs lemon juice, and 1 tbs chopped fresh parsley. Place the fillets in a medium glass baking dish, cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for about an hour, turning occasionally.

Preheat the oven to 375. Place the fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place the sealed salmon in a glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.

For the side dish I went really easy. I used a box of Rice a Roni, the wild rice one. Then I cut up some squash, layered it in a glass baking dish, put some olive oil, chopped garlic, and covered it with foil. I baked it along with the salmon

Stay tuned tomorrow night for probably dessert only, brought to you by Zach and Jake. They made it tonight but they won't be set until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment