Friday, April 26, 2013

Breakfast for Dinner

I was trying to think of what I wanted for dinner and nothing really sounded good to me. I was looking in all the cabinets and fridge for ideas. My eyes made contact with the potatoes, eggs spinach, scallions, and cheese, so I finally had an idea. I had laid out some pork chops so it had to fit in. Prep was to chop the scallions, spinach, and to peel and grate the potatoes for hash browns. I know as soon as I can fit it in my budget I am investing in a food processor, I hate using a hand grater. This is where Jake comes in handy, but tonight wasn't such a night, him and his "baby" were hanging out at House of Brews for open mic night, again I was on my own.

I love the muffin pan omelets, they are very easy,  you don't have to worry about turning them, and they don't fall apart. I mixed 6 eggs, a little milk(lactose free), chopped fresh spinach, and scallions(salt and pepper to taste). Grease or spray the muffin tins, pour the eggs in about 2/3 full(you will get approximately 8 omelets), then I added some grated rice cheese. Place in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile I seasoned the pork chops with salt and pepper, and cooked them in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray(canola). I also started the hash browns (note after grating the potatoes soak for at least 5 minutes in water so the don't turn brown, and make sure to place then in a clean dish towel and squeeze out all the water) in a non stick skillet with the spray.

Finally I put some toast in the toaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment