Friday, April 19, 2013

Chicken and Rice

No pic tonight. I have been sick for that few days so not much cooking going on. Last night was a rerun of Wednesday night's dinner. Chicken soup is always good when you're not feeling well. I was feeling better tonight and there is nothing fast(microwaveable) left in the house. I asked Jake if he felt like cooking, he said he'd find something later. I decided to look and see what there was.

I found some boneless skinless chicken thighs in the freezer. I threw them in the microwave to defrost  But, still half frozen I seasoned them with salt and pepper and put them in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, I fixed a box of chicken flavored rice a roni. When the chicken was done I put some of my homemade bbq sauce on them and cooked for about 5 more minutes. There you go dinner.

Here is something I am proud of Jake. I got his progress report today. He has 1 B, and 6 A's. Not to bad, seeing the B is in Algebra 2. Because he is taking AP English he has a 4.0 GPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment