Monday, April 15, 2013

Fish, Rice, and Carrots

Tonight was a great collaboration between Jake and I. I am not feeling well so I told him he had to help me.

I did the carrots. I rescued 3 small bags of carrots from some of the kids lunch at school. I hate to see packaged foods go in the trash. Real easy open and steam. The rice I did too. I took the leftover rice from the other night, from the pork chops and rice, added some more chicken stock and let it simmer.

Jake was responsible for the fish. He took a box of fish fry, added paprika, garlic powder, dried thyme, and ancho chili powder. He mixed it together, dipped the fish(tilapia)  in and fried it. I added the lemon slices and chopped cilantro.

I love cooking with him. Before we cooked dinner we spent some time over my sister's new house doing some cleaning.

1 comment: