Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pasta, Steak, and Veggies

I knew after a crappy day yet again I need some comfort food, so I thought of pasta and I had some small cheap steaks laid out. I just didn't know what kind. Off we went to the store Jake, the "baby", and I. Right off I spotted some spinach, mushrooms, scallions, zucchini, and red bell pepper, I also picked up grated parmesan.

I started off starting a pot of water to boil, then in a large skillet with high sides I heated 2 tbls canola oil(I am out of EVOO), then added all the veggies thinly sliced,  1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste
and 4 cloves of garlic chopped. Cook until tender, I then added 1 tbls of tomato paste, deglaze the pan with white wine, let that cook out for about 1 minute, then add 1 cup of beef broth, simmer until reduced by 1/2.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta, I used shells(that's what I had), next I sliced the steak thin, and cooked in a skillet until done. Add the pasta to the sauce, toss, then I added some chopped fresh spinach after turning the heat off. It will wilt from the heat of the sauce and pasta. Serve with the sliced/cubed steak, and  the parm cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment