Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pork Chops and Rice

I was looking for something that didn't take a lot of work, used one pan and this is what I found. You start by cooking 4 slices or more of bacon until crisp, then place it on a paper towel.  Season your pork chops with salt and pepper. Use the bacon grease to sear the pork chops until nice and brown. Remove pork chops from the pan. In the pan add 1 cup of rice, 1/2 cup chopped scallions (the recipe called for 1 medium onion, I used what I had in the house), and 4 chopped cloves of garlic. Cook and stir that until onions are tender and rice has slightly browned about 5 minutes. Add 2 cups chicken broth/stock, the crumbled bacon and 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper( the recipe called for a full teaspoon, which I added and it was a little too spicy, so if you don't like spicy I would add a lot less), bring to a boil. Place the pork chops on top of the rice then sprinkle 1/2 tsp dried thyme and 1/2 tsp dried rosemary over the chops. Lower the heat to medium low, cover and cook until the chops are done and the rice has absorbed the liquid, about 20 minutes. This said to use 3 chops and it would serve 3 people. I cooked 2 chops, and there was enough rice for probably 4 people. I served it frozen mixed veggies with it.

This was fast and an easy clean-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment