Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chicken Strips and Potato Wedges

Tonight I had to cook what I cut up yesterday, so I was thinking what would be fast and easy. Fast and easy seems to be my new dinner saying. I think I am so ready to get this school year over. I am tired and just plain exhausted!

I let the chicken marinate in 2 beaten eggs mixed with sriracha for a couple of hours (skip the sriracha if you don't like heat).  I then took the potato wedges placed them on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray(canola), then drizzled them with EVVO, then sprinkled a mix of garlic pepper and paprika. I put them in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until tender. Next I took the chicken and tossed them in flour that had paprika and the garlic pepper in it. I placed them on a cookie sheet(with a cooling rack in it), drizzled with oil, and put them in the oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is done and crispy. The corn was frozen so I cooked it on the stove top. Garnished it with fresh flat leaf parsley out of Jake's garden, and served with sauce of your choice, I had blue cheese dressing and Jake had bbq sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment